In compliance of the Order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated 23/03/2012 passed in I.A No. 16/2012 in Civil Appeal No. 1944 of 1993 – Anand S.Biji Vs State of Kerala & Others & vide order dated 09/5/2017 passed in Writ Petition(c ) No.267 of 2017 –Dar-Us-Slam Educational Trust & Ors Vs MCI & Ors. Directorate General of health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has been entrusted with the responsibility to hold on-line Counselling for 15% AIQ seats for UG courses , 50% AIQ seats for PG courses & 100% seats in Super-specialty courses (DM/Mch) , as per various Gazette notification of NMC, various Court orders & notifications of MoHFW.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF MCC:
The following roles & responsibilities have been entrusted to MCC of DGHS:
- Maintenance of official website of MCC, DGHS,
- Finalisation of counselling procedure & schedule,
- Co-ordination with the concerned agencies for counselling against State/UT quota seats,
- Matters including court cases transferred to MCC.
- Any other task(s) related to counselling & allocation of seats against AIQ, etc.
- Finalisation of counselling centers & making necessary arrangements at the Counsellingcenters, if applicable.
- Fixation of Counsellingfees & deposits, if any.
- Distribution & collection of form.
- Work relating to audit of funds to be placed under its disposal.
IMPORTANT JUDGEMENTS/ GAZATTE NOTIFICATIONS IN SHAPING THE POLICIES OF AIQ COUNSELLING SCHEME:
- DR. DINESH KUMAR & ORS. VS. MOTILAL NEHRU MEDICAL COLLEGE, ALLAHABAD & ORS. (CWP no. 348-352 of 1985) – That the scheme for allotment of 15% UG (MBBS/ BDS) seats & 25% PG (MD/ MS/Diplomat & MDS) seats on All India Basis. The allocation of seats shall be granted purely on the basis of merits as per All India entrance examination or State entrance examination.
- SHARAWAN KUMAR VS. DIRECTOR GENERAL HEALTH SERVICES & ANR. (W.P. no. 443/1992) – The Hon’ble Supreme Court approved scheme as provided by DGHS for 15% AIQ in MBBS/ BDS seats.
- ANAND S.BIJI vs. STATE OF KERALA & ORS I.A. NO.16/2012 IN CIVIL APPEAL NO(s). 1944 OF 1993 – The Hon’ble Court took the change in scenario into consideration and ordered to conduct online counselling for PG courses.
- DAR-US-SLAM EDUCATIONAL TRUST AND ORS VS. MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA AND ORS. (W.P.no 267 of 2017) – Vide the said judgment the Hon’ble Court held that, common counselling of Government Colleges & Deemed Universities as they also have All India character seats.
- From academic year 2020-21, MCC started conducting counselling for all AIIMS in UG Courses only & both JIPMER through a direction/ orders received by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Reservation for 27% OBC & 10 % EWS will be made applicable in AIQ seats prospectively from 2021 vide Office Memorandum dated 30th July 2021.
- 15% All India Quota seats MBBS/ BDS Seats of States (participation of the Union Territory of J&K is subject to their contribution of seats),
- 100%MBBS/ BDS Seats of BHU,
- 100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS across India,
- 100% JIPMER seats (Puducherry/ Karaikal),
- 100% AMU
- 85% of State Quota seats of DU/ I.P University (VMMC/ ABVIMS/ESIC Dental),
- 100% -Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Milia Islamia) along with 5% internal Quota of Jamia students
- 15% IP quota seats of ESIC.
- 50% All India Quota seats of all states (participation of the Union Territory of J&K is subject to their contribution of seats).
- 100% seats (All India Quota seats + Institutional Quota seats) of Central Universities (Aligarh Muslim University/ Banaras Hindu University/ University of Delhi/ Central Institutes as per eligibility conditions as provided by the respective college/institute.
- 100% seats of Deemed Universities.
- 50% AIQ P.G seats of colleges under Employee State Insurance Corporation (wards of ESIC insured persons).
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions (only Registration part).
Types of Counselling:
All the NEET (UG, PG, SS) aspirants are hereby informed that MCC of DGHS conducts counselling mentioned as under:
MCC conducts Counselling for the following Institutions/Universities:
Super Specialty Counselling
The MCC has been entrusted with the responsibility to conduct counselling for 100% seats of the contributing states, for the course of DM/Mch across country for State/ Private College & Deemed Universities by the Directorate General of Health Services, MoHFW, except INI (Institute of National Importance) institutes.